Child Care Facilities Health Inspections
We conduct detailed health and safety inspections of child care centers to protect children from threats such as foodborne illnesses, infectious diseases, pests, and toxins.
Most of our inspection time is spent in kitchen and food preparation area, restrooms and diapering areas. Inspectors ask child care center staff about their processes to look for improvements to protect health and safety. Inspectors also provide information to care center staff on how to prevent transmission of disease and other safety risks.
- To file a complaint or express a concern about a child care center, email email@example.com or call
- Frequently asked questions about child care centers
- Request a health inspection for a new child care facility
Disease prevention in child care facilities
- Recommended vaccines for child care workers
- Guidelines regarding infectious disease in child care facilities
- Guidelines for use of sanitizers and disinfectants at child care facilities
- Guidelines for use of hand sanitizers at child care facilities
- Colorado regulations governing sanitation and health at child care centers