El Paso County has 152 public swimming pools and spas. Environmental Health Specialists routinely inspect public swimming pools and spas to assure compliance with Colorado's Safe Swimming Pool and Mineral Baths Regulations, 5 CCR 1003-5.
Proper pool and spa maintenance can help prevent gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases that may be spread via improperly maintained pool water.
- Protection against a water-related injury (Centers for Disease Control)
- Making water safety a splash (TeensHealth Website)
- Steps of healthy swimming (Centers for Disease Control)
- Pool and spa training resource (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
- YouTube Video: Utah ad campaign to stop the spread of Cryptosporidium