El Paso County Public Health offices will be CLOSED on Monday, September 1, 2014, in observance of the Labor Day holiday.
TB tests will not be offered Friday, August 29.
Cigarette smoking is a leading cause of preventable death in the US. Cigarette smoking has a causative relationship with many diseases including lung cancer, coronary heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and low birth weight.
Tobacco Education and Prevention Partnership (TEPP) is a grant-funded program that works with community partners to:
- Prevent youth from starting to use tobacco
- Help people who use tobacco to quit
- Educate about the dangers of secondhand smoke
Additionally, we work with the state health department to promote retailer compliance with federal laws regarding tobacco placement, advertising, and sales to minors.
Current Programs and Projects
- Tobacco Prevention and Education Coalition 2014 Lunch and Learn Seminars
- Colorado QuitLine
- My Quit Path (New Colorado QuitLine program)
Free printable flyers/posters:
Video: Learn about Colorado QuitLine
Tobacco Education PSA Videos
Listen: Colorado QuitLine radio ads:
- Brochure: Facts About Secondhand Smoke
- American Tobacco Information from Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- U.S. Surgeon General's Report on Smoking
- Parents: Pledge to Quit (download and print)
- Ordinance Unanimously Passes to Keep Tobacco Out of Teens' Hands