Before Public Health can approve a Regional Building Department application, the condition and capacity of the on-site wastewater treatment system (septic system) must be evaluated to determine if it will be adequate to serve a proposed new or repaired residence. Major portions of the septic system must be exposed for inspection by digging or excavating down to the top surface of system components.
Septic evaluations must be conducted by an El Paso County Public Health Licensed System Installer Tier 1 or 2, and Certified OWTS Inspectors.
- Click here for lists of licensed Tier 2 installers
- Click here for lists of licensed Tier 1 installers
- Click here for lists of certified OWTS inspectors
- How to obtain a copy of an existing OWTS permit and record drawing
- Post Fire Building Permits: Septic System (OWTS) Evaluation Requirements
Licensed professionals: please complete the septic system (OWTS) evaluation form below: