Community Test Sites for COVID-19 in El Paso County
The following provides information on COVID-19 testing availability in El Paso County. This is not intended to promote any institution over another, but to promote access to healthcare for members of our community. Updates will be made periodically, but the entities operating the testing sites may make changes that do not appear immediately.
Community Based Drive-Thru Testing Sites
Community Testing Site Locations (Spanish speakers available at all sites) :
6436 US Highway 85-87, Colorado Springs, CO 80817 (El Paso County Public Health South)
Fountain pre-registration information.
Monday - Sunday 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Old Meridian Road and Chicago Ave (click here for a link to the location)
Falcon pre-registration information.
Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Chapel Hills Mall Testing Site:
The Chapel Hills Mall location is in the Southeast parking lot of Chapel Hills Mall, 1710 Briargate Blvd, south of the drive thru vaccination site.
Chapel Hills Mall pre-registration information.
Seven Days A Week 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Citadel Mall Testing Site:
Located at the Citadel Mall in the parking lot just south of JCPenney
750 Citadel Dr. E, Colorado Springs
Citadel pre-registration information.
Seven Days a Week 8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Who can get tested at Community Based Drive-Thru testing sites?
• First responders, health care workers, critical infrastructure employees and individuals who work in congregate settings
• Testing will be provided to all individuals who seek it. (2 years of age or older)
• Individuals are encouraged to wait at least 5 days post-exposure and follow quarantine and isolation guidance while waiting to get a COVID-19 test.
How much does it cost?
• Testing is free
• No insurance or referral is required
How do I get my results?
• Results are reported online through a patient account
• For results, text MAKO to 66349
• Click here
For general results information, please click here: Community Based Drive-thru Testing Results Information
Have questions? Check out the MAKO Medical FAQ.
There is a Spanish speaker on site.
Pre-registration is recommended, but not required.
Please click here to register at the community testing site of your choice: COVID-19 Community Testing Site Registration
Upon completing the form you will receive an email with your registration number beginning with MX. Show this number to the site attendant in order to proceed with your test. After registration, you can arrive at the testing site at any time during hours of operation. Registration is not site-specific.
UCHealth Testing Sites
Please click here for more information.
Peak Vista Walk-Through Testing Site
Where is it located?
• 3205 North Academy, Colorado Springs, CO
• This site is a walk-through only testing site.
• For more information or questions, please call 719-632-5700 or click here.
When is it open?
• Monday - Friday 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM
Who can get tested here?
• No appointment or doctor’s referral is required, and you do not need to be a patient of Peak Vista to use this site.
• Testing will be done for anyone over 5 years old with any of the following symptoms: fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste, new loss of smell.
How do I get my results?
• A Peak Vista healthcare provider will call you with your results once they are ready.
How much does it cost?
• For information about pricing, eligibility, hours and other details click here.
Mission Medical Drive-Thru Testing Site
Located at Mission Medical Center
2125 E. La Salle Street, Colorado Springs, CO 80909
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
For more information, click here.
What if I don’t qualify for testing at any of the sites listed here?
Call your primary care doctor if you cannot be tested at the sites above and feel that you need testing.
What if my children need to be tested?
Speak to your child’s pediatrician if you feel they need to be tested for COVID-19. They may be able to provide testing through their office or another lab. Children’s Hospital also offers drive-thru testing for children and their caregivers, but requires a referral from a pediatrician and scheduling an appointment. Children age 2 years and older may be tested at the Community-Based Drive-Thru Testing Site at the Citadel Mall.
What if I am a first responder or health care provider?
First responders and health care workers are welcome at the community sites listed above. There are other options available to workers in these fields through their employers. Speak with your supervisor to learn about any additional testing options that may be available.
Is Public Health offering testing?
El Paso County Public Health has partnered with Mako Lab to offer testing to the community at the Community-Based Drive-Thru Testing Site at the Citadel Mall. No COVID-19 testing is being offered at the Public Health Department location on Garden of the Gods Rd.