El Paso County Vaccine Distribution Update

El Paso County is currently focused on vaccinating priority populations in Phases 1A and 1B of Colorado's COVID-19 phased vaccine distribution plan.

Phase 1A includes high-risk health care workers and individuals. Phase 1B includes everyone age 70 and older and other specific categories. To learn more about the phases of vaccine distribution, visit the El Paso County Public Health vaccine web page.

Click here if you are a person age 70 and older and seeking information about vaccines.

Watch the Data Dashboard page at elpasocountyhealth.org for more information and please continue to practice prevention measures.

Report an Animal Bite

Colorado law requires that all animal bites to humans or pets be reported. This includes any bite from a pet or wild animal.

In addition to bites, people should report any close contact with bats. Bats may carry rabies and their bites are often too small to detect.

Be prepared to give details about when the bite happened, the victim, and the biting animal (such as location, species, breed, and circumstance of bite)

Why report?

  • Reporting allows Public Health to investigate if the bite victim is at risk for rabies.
  • All mammals, but particularly skunks and bats, may carry rabies in El Paso County. Infected animals transmit rabies in their saliva.  

Click below in the appropriate category to report a bite through our secure portals:

Domestic Animal Bite Portal

Wild Animal Bite Portal

EPCPH is not an animal control agency and does not impound animals. All other animal-related complaints or concerns for animal welfare should be reported to the appropriate animal control agency. For concerns about: