In an effort to practice social distancing, the Environmental Health Office is currently not open to the public. Customer support is still available via phone at 719-578-3199, option 3, and by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm.
At this time we are experiencing delayed response times for calls and emails as well as longer processing times for all applications. Currently we are unable to provide detailed permit issuance timelines or detailed status updates regarding your application.
Section 5.6 of the El Paso County Board of Health Regulations, requires a Construction Activity Permit whenever construction may result in a disturbed area of one or more acres.
- El Paso County Public Health issues permits for periods not to exceed 6 months when the disturbed area will be at least one acre but less than twenty-five acres
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Air Quality Control Division, issues permits when the disturbed area is twenty-five acres or larger
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Air Quality Control Division may be contacted at (303) 692-3150 for further information.
El Paso County Construction Activity Permit Requirements:
- A site map must be included with the application and may be no larger than 8-1/2 inches by 11 inches
- A Construction Activity Permit fee of $165.00 per project must be included with the application
- Each permit is valid for a maximum of six months, but a new permit application and fee may be submitted for an additional six month period
Complete the online application below.
Applications will be reviewed by a qualified Environmental Health Specialist and must be completed in their entirety. If you have questions regarding the application process or application requirements please contact our office:
Phone: (719) 578-3199 option 3