PLEASE NOTE OUR UPDATED HOURS:
Environmental Health is now open to the public. Customer support is available daily during regular business hours in person, Monday- Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm, via phone at 719-578-3199, option 3, and via email at [email protected].
Section 5.6 of the El Paso County Board of Health Regulations, requires a Construction Activity Permit whenever construction may result in a disturbed area of one or more acres.
- Please Note: Disturbed area acreage MUST be identified for the entire project, not according to construction phase.
- El Paso County Public Health issues permits for periods not to exceed 6 months when the disturbed area will be at least one acre but less than twenty-five acres
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Air Quality Control Division, issues permits when the disturbed area is twenty-five acres or larger
- The Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment, Air Quality Control Division may be contacted at (303) 692-3150 for further information.
El Paso County Construction Activity Permit Requirements:
- A site map must be included with the application and may be no larger than 8-1/2 inches by 11 inches
- A Construction Activity Permit fee of $165.00 per project must be included with the application
- Each permit is valid for a maximum of six months, but a new permit application and fee may be submitted for an additional six month period
Complete the online application below.
Applications will be reviewed by a qualified Environmental Health Specialist and must be completed in their entirety. If you have questions regarding the application process or application requirements please contact our office:
Phone: (719) 578-3199 option 3