We help protect children and staff from foodborne illness and other infectious diseases by inspecting child care facilities, providing education about proper hand washing, sanitizing and food handling.
El Paso County has over 360 licensed child care facilities. Environmental Health Specialists inspect child care facilities to assure compliance with the Colorado Regulations Governing Health and Sanitation of Child Care Facilities. We also investigate consumer complaints, assist with illness investigations and conduct thorough reviews of plans for new and remodeled facilities.
Disease prevention in child care facilities
- Recommended vaccines for child care workers
- View The Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) Child Care Website
- Guidelines regarding infectious disease in child care facilities
- Fact Sheet Bleach Concentrations: Sanitizing and Disinfection
- Guidelines for use of hand sanitizers at child care facilities
- Colorado regulations governing sanitation and health at child care centers