In an effort to practice social distancing, the Environmental Health Office is currently not open to the public. Customer support is still available via phone at 719-578-3199, option 3, and by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. We continue to accept electronic applications which must be submitted through [email protected]. You will be contacted by a member of our administrative team regarding payments for electronic applications. Paper applications and physical payments can also be submitted and placed in our EH Drop Box located outside of the Environmental Health Office.
At this time we are experiencing delayed response times for calls and emails as well as longer processing times for all applications. Currently we are unable to provide detailed license issuance timelines or detailed status updates regarding your application.
We help protect children and staff from foodborne illness and other infectious diseases by inspecting child care facilities, providing education about proper hand washing, sanitizing and food handling.
El Paso County has over 360 licensed child care facilities. Environmental Health Specialists inspect child care facilities to assure compliance with the Colorado Regulations Governing Health and Sanitation of Child Care Facilities. We also investigate consumer complaints, assist with illness investigations and conduct thorough reviews of plans for new and remodeled facilities.
- To view inspection reports, click here.
- To file a complaint or express a concern about a child care center, email [email protected] or call
- Frequently asked questions about child care centers
- Request a health inspection for a new child care program
- Child Care plan review form
Disease prevention in child care facilities
- Recommended vaccines for child care workers
- View The Colorado Department of Health and Environment (CDPHE) Child Care Website
- Guidelines regarding infectious disease in child care facilities
- Fact Sheet Bleach Concentrations: Sanitizing and Disinfection
- Guidelines for use of hand sanitizers at child care facilities
- Colorado regulations governing sanitation and health at child care centers