El Paso County Public Health South will be closed until further notice, due to water damage. Additional updates will be provided as they become available.
Get Tuberculosis Screening
The Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic at Public Health works to prevent and control the spread of tuberculosis in El Paso County through targeted testing and education. We provide accurate information about tuberculosis in addition to the following services:
- We offer the TB interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) blood test in the form of Quanitiferon-TB Gold (QFT) with a physician’s order.
- We medically evaluate and treat people who have tuberculosis.
- We medically evaluate people who have been in contact with others who have/had tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria usually attack the lungs, but TB bacteria can attack any part of the body such as the kidney, spine, and brain. If not treated properly, TB disease can be fatal. TB disease was once the leading cause of death in the United States.
Appointments are not required for the TB IGRA blood test. You may walk in to the Public Health Laboratory for a TB blood test (with a physician's order in hand) Monday - Thursday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. TB IGRAs can NOT be done on Fridays. The Public Health Laboratory is located on the 2nd floor of the Citizens Services Center at 1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Below is a list of facilities (as of June 2023) that offer either/or Tuberculin Skin Test (TST) and IGRA TB Blood testing. Please contact the facility of your choice to discuss cost, accepted insurance plans (if applicable), and scheduling.
- Emergicare has several clinics in the Colorado Springs area that offer tuberculin skin tests ($69.00).
- UCHealth Urgent Care’s Garden Of The Gods and Powers locations offer both the tuberculin skin test ($35.00) and the QFT TB Blood Test ($105.00).
- King Soopers Little Clinic has several local clinics that will place the tuberculin skin test for $29.00 and will read a tuberculin skin test for $35.00 (a total of $64.00).
- Any Lab Test Now is $39.00 for a tuberculin skin test and $189.00 for a QFT TB Blood Test.
For Medical Providers
- Frequently Asked Questions about QuantiFERON-TB® Gold
- QuantiFERON-TB® Gold Results Interpretation
- QuantiFERON-TB® Gold Collection Procedures
To request a copy of your medical records, download the Medical Record Request Form.
- El Paso County Public Health: Tuberculosis (TB)
- TB - General Information (Fact Sheet)
- Basic Tuberculosis Facts (Audio Podcast)
- The Difference Between Latent TB Infection and TB Disease
For Health Care Providers