What are PFCs?
PFCs are a family of human-made chemicals that do not occur naturally in the environment. These compounds are found in firefighting foams, coating additives and surface protection products for carpets and clothing, and other common commercial products. In Colorado, only the Security/Widefield/Fountain area detected PFCs.
- If you get your water from a private household well, are within the PFC area of investigation please call 719-578-3131 for information about how to get a well water test.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Perfluorinated Compounds (PFCs) and water - drinking and other uses
- PFCs and your health
- PFC levels: Click here for a list of water systems and their current PFC levels.
If you get your drinking water from a commercial public water system, contact your public water provider directly:
- City of Fountain Water Department (719) 322-2010
- Security Water Sanitation District (719) 392-3475
- Widefield Water and Sanitation District (719) 390-7111