In an effort to practice social distancing, the Environmental Health Office is currently not open to the public. Customer support is still available via phone at 719-578-3199, option 3, and by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday - Friday, 7:30am to 4:30pm. We continue to accept electronic applications which must be submitted through [email protected]. You will be contacted by a member of our administrative team regarding payments for electronic applications. Paper applications and physical payments can also be submitted and placed in our EH Drop Box located outside of the Environmental Health Office.
At this time we are experiencing delayed response times for calls and emails as well as longer processing times for all applications. Currently we are unable to provide detailed permit/license issuance timelines or detailed status updates regarding your application.
El Paso County has 152 public swimming pools and spas. Environmental Health Specialists routinely inspect public swimming pools and spas to assure compliance with Colorado's Safe Swimming Pool and Mineral Baths Regulations, 5 CCR 1003-5.
Proper pool and spa maintenance can help prevent gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases that may be spread via improperly maintained pool water.
- Pool Plan Review Application
- Protection against a water-related injury (Centers for Disease Control)
- Making water safety a splash (TeensHealth Website)
- Steps of healthy swimming (Centers for Disease Control)
- Pool and spa training resource (National Swimming Pool Foundation)
- YouTube Video: Utah ad campaign to stop the spread of Cryptosporidium