PLEASE NOTE OUR UPDATED HOURS:
Environmental Health is now open to the public. Customer support is available daily during regular business hours in person, Monday- Friday, 8:00am to 4:00pm, via phone at 719-578-3199, option 3, and via email at [email protected].
We continue to encourage electronic applications which must be submitted through [email protected], or OWTS applications through [email protected]. You will be contacted by a member of our administrative team regarding payments for electronic applications. Paper applications and physical payments can also be submitted and placed in our EH Drop Box located outside of the Environmental Health Office or turned in during our open office hours. Acceptable forms of payment include credit, checks, and money orders. Cash not accepted.
El Paso County has 282 regulated public swimming pools and spas. Environmental Health Specialists routinely inspect public swimming pools and spas to assure compliance with Colorado's Safe Swimming Pool and Mineral Baths Regulations, 5 CCR 1003-5.
Proper pool and spa maintenance can help prevent gastrointestinal and respiratory diseases that may be spread via improperly maintained pool water.
- Pool Plan Review Application
- Pool and Spa Facility Contact Form
- Protection against a water-related injury (Centers for Disease Control)
- Making water safety a splash (TeensHealth Website)
- Steps of healthy swimming (Centers for Disease Control)
- Pool and spa training resource
- YouTube Video: Cryptosporidium (Poo in the Pool) - Swansea University