El Paso County Public Health does not provide Tuberculin Skin Testing (TST) - sometimes known as a PPD test. We apologize for the inconvenience.
The Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic at Public Health works to prevent and control the spread of tuberculosis in El Paso County through targeted testing and education. We provide accurate information about tuberculosis in addition to the following services:
- We offer the TB interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) blood test in the form of Quanitiferon-TB Gold (QFT) with a physician’s order.
- We medically evaluate and treat people who have tuberculosis.
- We medically evaluate people who have been in contact with others who have/had tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria usually attack the lungs, but TB bacteria can attack any part of the body such as the kidney, spine, and brain. If not treated properly, TB disease can be fatal. TB disease was once the leading cause of death in the United States.
Appointments are not required for the TB IGRA blood test. You may walk in to the Public Health Laboratory for a TB blood test (with a physician's order in hand) Monday - Thursday from 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. The Public Health Laboratory is located on the 2nd floor of the Citizens Services Center at 1675 West Garden of the Gods Road, Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Below is a list of facilities (as of October 2019) that offer either/or Tuberculin Skin Testing (TST) and IGRA TB blood testing. Please contact the facility of your choice to discuss cost, accepted insurance plans, and scheduling.
- Emergicare has three clinics in Colorado Springs that offer tuberculin skin tests ($36)
- UCHealth Urgent Care locations all offer tuberculin skin tests ($35)
- Concentra has two clinics in Colorado Springs. Both offer tuberculin skin tests or IGRA TB blood tests for $92.
- King Soopers Little Clinic has three locations in El Paso County. All three offer tuberculin skin tests for $35
- Any Lab Test Now also offers the tuberculin skin tests ($25). There are two locations:
- 1835 S. Nevada Avenue, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 7828 North Academy Boulevard, Colorado Springs, Colorado
For Medical Providers:
To request a copy of your medical records, download the Medical Record Request Form.