The Air Quality Program actively responds to air quality complaints and issues open burn permits in El Paso County to protect public health and the natural environment. This is facilitated through a contract with the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment which provides authority and funding to enforce state air quality regulations.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment - Current Air Quality
To protect public health, Construction Activity Permits are required for certain properties where land disturbances may lead to excessive dust emissions.
- Air Quality Information, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Air Quality and other information is available from the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment through their online A -Z Index.
- Methamphetamine Manufacturing Laboratory Cleanup Requirements Per Colorado Regulations
- Mold Information
- Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention
- Colorado Department of Health and Environment's link to Certified Asbestos Individuals, Consulting Firms, Laboratories, and Disposal Sites