Notice: Due to the spread of COVID-19, Vital Records services are not available in-person at this time. Please call 578-3199, Option 4 for assistance.
We provide certified copies of birth and death certificates for residents. We also process birth data for the entire state; and death data for El Paso County.
El Paso County Public Health does not accept online credit card orders. For your convenience, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network Inc. VitalChek Network Inc. can be reached online or by phone at (866) 687-1463. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service; American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Note that proof of relationship and a valid photo ID are required to process all requests. Any documents presented for the purpose of establishing identity or relationship must be fully intact and easy to read.
Online or By Mail
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (Spanish)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (Spanish)
- First copy of birth certificate: $20; each additional copy of birth certificate (on the same order) $13
- First copy of death certificate: $20; each additional copy of death certificate (on the same order) $13
For Birth and Death Records Outside El Paso County
- Vital Records Offices in Colorado (Please call before visiting any Vital Records Office in person.)
Regular hours are Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. *with exceptions*
Our physical office is currently closed indefinitely due to COVID-19. Reach us at 719-575-8492.