NOTICE: El Paso County Vital Records is seeing customers by appointment only. If you are more than five minutes late for your appointment, you will need to re-schedule. Please do not visit our office if you are sick, have symptoms of COVID-19 or have been exposed to someone with COVID-19. Whenever possible, only the applicant should come to the appointment. Please have your birth certificate application and/or death certificate application completed in advance and bring a valid photo ID. You may also need to bring supporting documentation for proof of relationship or proof of direct and tangible interest. To schedule an appointment click on the "Book an Appointment" link below.
We provide certified copies of birth and death records for vital events that occurred in Colorado.
If you would like to make your request without visiting our office, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network Inc. VitalChek Network Inc. can be reached online or by phone at (866) 687-1463. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service; American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. El Paso County Public Health does not accept online credit card orders.
Note that proof of relationship and a valid photo ID are required to process all requests. Any documents presented for the purpose of establishing identity or relationship must be fully intact and easy to read.
Book an Appointment
Online or By Mail
Applications will not be accepted or processed through our email ([email protected]). Please see ordering options below:
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (Spanish)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (Spanish)
- First copy of birth certificate: $20; each additional copy of birth certificate (on the same order) $13
- First copy of death certificate: $20; each additional copy of death certificate (on the same order) $13
For Birth and Death Records Outside El Paso County
- Vital Records Offices in Colorado (Please call before visiting any Vital Records Office in person.)
For questions, Vital Records may be reached at 719-575-8492. Vital Records is NOT taking appointments by phone.