NOTICE: Due to a staffing shortage, El Paso County Public Health's Vital Records office will be closed to in-person appointments until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. You can still mail your application or place online orders for birth and death certificates through Vital Chek. If you need in-person services, please see this list of all Vital Records offices in Colorado. To schedule an appointment at the Pueblo County Vital Records Office, click here. To schedule an in-person appointment at the Tri-County Vital Records Office, click here.
We provide certified copies of birth and death records for vital events that occurred in Colorado.
If you would like to make your request without visiting our office, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network Inc. VitalChek Network Inc. can be reached online or by phone at (866) 687-1463. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service; American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted. El Paso County Public Health does not accept online credit card orders.
Note that proof of relationship and a valid photo ID are required to process all requests. Any documents presented for the purpose of establishing identity or relationship must be fully intact and easy to read.
Book an Appointment
Online or By Mail
Applications will not be accepted or processed through our email ([email protected]). Please see ordering options below:
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (Spanish)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (Spanish)
- First copy of birth certificate: $20; each additional copy of birth certificate (on the same order) $13
- First copy of death certificate: $20; each additional copy of death certificate (on the same order) $13
For Birth and Death Records Outside El Paso County
- Vital Records Offices in Colorado (Please call before visiting any Vital Records Office in person.)
For questions, Vital Records may be reached at 719-575-8492. Vital Records is NOT taking appointments by phone.