Birth & Death Records
We provide certified copies of birth and death certificates for residents. We also process birth data for the entire state; and death data for El Paso County.
El Paso County Public Health does not accept online credit card orders. For your convenience, you can process online requests through VitalChek Network Inc. VitalChek Network Inc. can be reached online or by phone at (866) 687-1463. An additional fee is charged by VitalChek for using this service; American Express, Discover, MasterCard and Visa are accepted.
Note that proof of relationship and a valid photo ID are required to process all requests.
In Person or By Mail
- Visit the Vital Records office
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (English)
- PRINT a BIRTH certificate application (Spanish)
- PRINT a DEATH certificate application (Spanish)
- Note that fees are paid on a "per visit" basis
- First copy of birth certificate: $17.75; each additional copy of birth certificate (on the same order) $10
- First copy of death certificate: $20; each additional copy of death certificate (on the same order) $13
For Birth and Death Records Outside El Paso County
Regular hours are Monday - Friday, 7:45 a.m. to 4 p.m. *with exceptions*
See 2015 schedule for exceptions.