The Tuberculosis (TB) Clinic at Public Health works to prevent and control the spread of tuberculosis in El Paso County through testing and education. We provide accurate information about tuberculosis in addition to the following services:
- We provide skin testing to screen for tuberculosis.
- We also offer TB screening interferon gamma release assay (IGRA) in the form of Quanitiferon-TB Gold (QFT) with a physician’s order.
- We medically evaluate and treat people who have tuberculosis.
- We medically evaluate people who have been in contact with others who have tuberculosis.
Tuberculosis (TB) is a disease caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis. The bacteria usually attack the lungs, but TB bacteria can attack any part of the body such as the kidney, spine, and brain. If not treated properly, TB disease can be fatal. TB disease was once the leading cause of death in the United States.
Appointments are not required for the TB Skin Testing Clinic. You may walk-in for a TB Skin Test during the following hours:
- TB skin tests will be offered on Monday, Wednesday and Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m
- TB Screening by QFT blood test is available to patients Monday-Thursday 7:30 am – 4:00 pm (located in the Public Health Laboratory)
Cost of TB skin test is $20.
There will be no skin test placements July 18, 2014, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m.
For Medical Providers: