WIC (Women, Infants & Children)
El Paso County Public Health will be CLOSED Thursday and Friday, November 27 and 28, 2014, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday.
Schedule an Appointment
To make an appointment, call (719) 578-3199 between 8:00 to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.
7:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Monday through Friday.
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- Breastfeeding (Office on Women's Health)
- Food Allergy Research & Education
- WIC Facts
We provide qualifying women and children with supplemental food, education on nutrition topics, and referrals to community programs.
- WIC is funded through a federal grant.
- Those eligible include pregnant women, new mothers, infants, and children through age 5.
- WIC clients must have a medical or nutritional reason to qualify.
- Clients must show proof of identity and residency within El Paso County.
- WIC clients receive vouchers for nutritious foods such as milk, cheese, eggs, cereal, juice, and dried beans or peanut butter.
- Topics covered in education appointments include:
- Childhood obesity
- Child development
- The food pyramid guide
- Feeding infants
Guidelines for July 2, 2014 - June 30, 2015
- A household with 1 member may earn up to $1,800 gross monthly.
- A household with 2 members may earn up to $2,426 gross monthly.
- A household with 3 members may earn up to $3,051 gross monthly.
- A household with 4 members may earn up to $3,677 gross monthly.
- A household with 5 members may earn up to $4,303 gross monthly.
- A household with 6 members may earn up to $4,929 gross monthly.
- A household with 7 members may earn up to $5,555 gross monthly.
- A household with 8 members may earn up to $6,181 gross monthly.
Note: A pregnant woman is considered a household of two. For households with more than eight members, or if you have any questions, please call the WIC office.
Address: 1675 W. Garden of the Gods Road
Colorado Springs, CO, 80907
Phone: (719) 578-3199
Address: 97 Widefield Blvd., Widefield, CO, 80911
Phone: (719) 575-8571