El Paso County Public Health South will be closed until further notice, due to water damage. Additional updates will be provided as they become available.
Nurse-Family Partnership (NFP)
Notice: We are currently serving clients and taking new referrals. Please call 719-578-3199 or 719-255-8045 to make an appointment.
Public Health nurses provide home visits that improve the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of first-time parents and their children in El Paso and Teller counties. Home visits begin during pregnancy and continue until their child is 2 years old.
- NFP is free to first-time parents who are eligible for Medicaid and WIC and meet other income requirements.
- Our program is based on a national program that has produced measurable positive results.
- Learn more by watching this video.
- Specially trained nurses provide routine home visits and assist with:
- Healthy pregnancies and healthy babies
- Parenting skills
- Strong support network for new/expecting moms and their babies
- Family goal setting and achievement
- Referrals for community resources
How do I enroll in NFP or refer someone to NFP?
- Please call 719-578-3199 or 719-255-8045 to make an appointment. Or submit our Referral Form.
- Clients can be referred by community sources, including school nurses or counselors, obstetricians' offices, family planning clinics, health clinics and programs serving low-income women.
- Self-referrals and referrals by friends also are accepted.