Skip to main content
Nurse Family Partnership
Public Health nurses provide home visits that improve the health, well-being and self-sufficiency of low-income, first-time parents and their children in El Paso and Teller counties. Home visits begin with women during pregnancy and continue until their child is 2 years old.
- NFP is free to all women who are eligible for Medicaid and WIC and meet other income requirements.
- Our program is based on a national program that has produced measurable positive results.
- Learn more by watching this video.
- Specially trained nurses provide routine home visits and assist with:
- Healthy pregnancies and healthy babies
- Parenting skills
- Strong support network for new/expecting moms and their babies
- Family goal setting and achievement
- Referrals for community resources
How Do Mothers Enroll in NFP?
- Participation is voluntary.
- Women can be referred by community sources, including school nurses or counselors, obstetricians' offices, family planning clinics, health clinics and programs serving low-income women.
- Self-referrals and referrals by friends also are accepted.